Teeth Whitening is a simple cosmetic procedure that is performed to remove the stains and discoloration on the teeth. Whitening gels that contain hydrogen peroxide are used to whiten the teeth. At Long Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, the dentists recommend teeth whitening procedures for patients who prefer to remove the yellowish discoloration on their teeth.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- Teeth Whitening is a non-invasive procedure that provides immediate results.
- It is a safe procedure for patients of all ages.
- The procedure boosts the confidence of patients regarding the appearance of their smile.
- Proper dental care and hygiene help provide long-lasting results.
- It helps in maintaining good oral health.
The Procedure of Teeth Whitening
At Long Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, the dentists perform teeth whitening procedures in a single dental appointment. The patient is made to rinse the mouth thoroughly before initiating the procedure. Some dentists suggest the removal of plaque and tartar from the teeth to attain effective results.
The patient is provided a shade card that contains various shades of white. An ideal shade can be chosen after considering various factors. A rubber dam is placed on the gums which helps to protect them from the bleaching gel. The dentist evenly applies the whitening gel to the teeth. It is left on for a time period of 15 minutes.
Our dentists use light activation which helps to increase the effect of the gel on the teeth. The gel is removed to observe the results attained from the procedure. If required, the dentist applies a fresh layer of gel on the teeth and leaves it on for 15 minutes to achieve the desired results.
Aftercare for Whitened Teeth
- The dentists advise the patients to avoid food and beverages that may stain their teeth.
- Damaging habits like smoking should be avoided to maintain whitened teeth.
- Good dental care that includes brushing and flossing the teeth should be practiced at home.
If you prefer a quick cosmetic fix or a smile transformation, teeth whitening procedure can give you the desired outcome.
Long Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, located in College Station, TX, are equipped with efficient dentists and modern technologies which facilitate the best dental care facilities for the patients. Call (979) 846-0082 and book a consultation with the dentist to know more about teeth whitening and other dental services provided at the dentistry.